On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

> Do you want to encourage them? Or discourage them?  Are you underemployed, so
> that it would be worth your while to drive out there and spend more time
> shooting than you might if they just sent the stuff to you?  Or, are you
> already working at capacity?

I'm more interested in coming up with a fair, reasonable fee... I'd
like to do the work,  but I don't want to give away my services, or
overcharge.  Finding the sweet spot in between is the challenge...

> I suspect that a day rate could work out well for them, even if you charge
> more per hour, if you can photograph more items for your time than doing it
> onesy-twosy, not to mention their time and expense of shipping items.  It
> will cost you in driving time, but you'll likely save in set up and teardown
> time if you can photograph a dozen items rather than one or two.

Agreed.  Sometimes, this work requires more creativity, in setting up
& "styling" a group of items... but this will be just straightforward
product shots, on white seamless.  Should be relatively easy to do a
bunch of items all in one whack...

Thanks,
-c