On 5 March 2012 23:37, Brian Walters <apathy...@lyons-ryan.org> wrote:

> I'll see your Big Fish and raise you our Big Galah (Kimba, in rural South
> Australia).
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/Big-Galah.jpg
>

> In Australia, the 'big' craze started with the Big Banana in Coffs Harbour
> in the 50s and grew from there.  So we now have things like the Big
> Barramundi at Daintree, the Big Merino at Goulburn, the Big Prawn at Ballina
> and the Big Mosquito (Ossie the Mossie) at Hexam.
>
> Then there's the Big Potato at Robertson (which, to mild amusement of
> visitors, looks more like a big turd...)
>

> --
> Cheers
>
> Brian

As mentioned by Brian, here's The Big Potato in Robertson a.k.a. The Big Turd:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anthony_farr/3249960743/in/set-72157608670560191/lightbox/

And here's The (Big) Bilpin Fruit Bowl:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anthony_farr/3066036536/in/set-72157608670560191/lightbox/

Some where in my early digital collection I'm sure I have The Big
Golden Guitar in Tamworth.  I should look for it.

regards, Anthony

   "Of what use is lens and light
    to those who lack in mind and sight"
                                               (Anon)