Guys&gals, I need to pick your brains a little...

I have lots of images in my archive taken with A-series lenses. They
appear in LR as shot with "A series lens".
Recently, however, I figured out how to use Exiftool to actually
insert the right nomenclature into the DNG-file, like "smc Pentax-A*
200mm MACRO 1:4 ED", for example.

Lightroom 3.x happily accepts my changes when I tell it to reload
metadata from file, and all is well. Except for Virtual Copies made in
LR before the metadata was changed. For some reason, the changes does
not propagate as expected. If you change the original filename, for
example, it's propagated. If you change keywords and/or IPTC data,
it's taken care of. But not EXIF...

So I just wondered... Has any of you seen this before? Is there a way
to convince LR to update the EXIF for Virtual Copies, or is this just
a bug they may or may not be fixed in version 4?

thanks,
Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/