On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <gdigio...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm. I don't remember losing *any* adjustment settings when I switched
> a VC to a master.
> Oh, I think I know what's going on ...
>
> After switching, first WRITE the settings, then read the metadata
> settings back from disk. Lr will not overwrite the EXIF metadata...
> only the adjustments.

Just tested ... Yes, that's exactly what you need to do.

- set copy as master
- write metadata
- read metadata
- reset original as master

That propagates the EXIF metadata into the copy as desired and does
not lose any adjustments. You get all of your annotations and
adjustments as applied to the copy as well as the updated EXIF from
the original master.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com