Hello list
I've been looking for a compact camera, that will deliver high quality images
low-light shots - especially for snapshots with no using a flash.
I used to use a Panasonic LX3 for this purpose - but the small sensor doesn't
really produce high quality images for cropping, enlarging etc.

So I've been looking at Lumix GX1 and other CSC stuff - and I nearky iordered
the very promissing Canon G1X - which has an optical viewfinder and very good
quality High-ISO images.

However I ended up ordering the new K-01.
Why?
Because of
1. The relatively large (APS-C) sensor
2. The relatively good HIGH-ISO potential (hopefully and suspected)
3. I dont really want exchangeable lenses for my snapshot compact - unless of
cource they are K-mount lenses (of which I probably allready own 50 or more
original SMC Pentax)
4. Nice burst mode
5. features
6. The boxy design makes it perfect (I'm guessing) for mounting in a panorama
head/nodal point adapter.

Then of cource I'm sure I'll miss a viewfinder...
Hopefully Pentax wil make one for me - or at least a Pop-up LCD screen shade -
like a Delkin shade, but designed for Pentax K-01.

I hopy nmy whife will use it too - she's using a 7 year old 4MP Lumix, which is
great, but out-dated.

Which standard zoom would you guys recommend for the K-01, please?

Regards
Jens

--
Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.