No problem, Tim.
I use a Kaidan Panorama Head (and annother one of different barbd for spheric
panoramas).
The panorama head makes sure, that the camera is mounted for vertical shots (in
order to avoid panoramas with relativ low hight) in such a way, that the camera
rotates - not arround the camera tripod mount -  but over the nodal point of
the used lens(Nodal Point: Where the optical lines are crossing inside the
lens). This point is usually somewhere close to where the aperture blades are
situated.
This way the edges of each single image (from which the pannorams is finally
rendered, using dedicated stitching software - like PTGui or similar) will
match the edges of the next image, so that stitching can be done correctly,
without errors, close to the camera - especially usefull when using wide
angles. For further information concerning panoram photography please visit
www.panoramas.dk (made by Danish/Sweedish photographer Hans Nyberg, who is an
expert in this area.

Please watch som of my panoramas: http://www.jensbladt.dk/pano/

I often find it difficult to mount cameras like K-20, K-7 or K-5 in a nodal
point adapter, because of the "rounded" shape of these cameras. The differnet
mounting brackets doesn't seem fit cameras like that.

So, I suspect that it will be quite easy to mount the "edgy" K-01 in such
adapters.
I believe the image quality of the K-01 is quite fine for panorama (and lots of
other) images.

Regards
Jens

--
Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.