On 3/19/2012 6:37 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
On Mar 19, 2012, at 1:16 PM, Brian Walters wrote:

Quoting Matthew Hunt<m...@pobox.com>:

http://photorumors.com/2012/03/19/pentax-k-r-successor/

My eyeball-based deconvolution algorithm says "K-z".

I don't care what they call it but a K-r with 16 MP?

I'm interested.....
Here's my wishlist, trying to keep things feasible:

K-r body
K-01 sensor, and improved firmware in the realm of live-view
A mirror that can be locked up indefinitely without using battery power so live
view can be used without excessive shutter lag dropping the mirror and raising
it again.
With the mirror locked up, the ability to use wide angle lenses that protrude
into where the mirror would be if it were down. In other words, I want
  sharp, inexpensive f/1.4 20mm and 30mm primes, and am willing to use live
view to get them.

I wonder if what we'll get is a K-01 with and EVF

I don't think that the new electronic shutter/mirror designs allow for a mechanical lockup mechanism, and a redesign is probably beyond the means of Pentax or any other manufacturer, not to mention part of the reason shutters are so much quieter than they used to be makes a mechanical lockup very unlikely unless you want to go back to loud clack of the LX mirror slap, which seems horrendously loud in retrospect.

Don't lose heart!  They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthily search.