On 22/03/2012, at 6:27 AM, Miserere wrote:
> Paul,
>
> The problem I see with your sales pitch is that is fails to account
> for those users who are growing *into* mirrorless, not *out* of it.....

That's just the point - this isn't a camera aimed at that segment of the
market. Pentax now has two cameras that are completely different to the rest of
the market, and therefore aren't competing with Sony, Panasonic etc. If you
want a truly pocketable camera, then there is the Q - nothing else is that
small. If you have vague aspirations to go further with your photography then
the K-01 is a way of hedging your bets. At this point Pentax has to be
different from the rest of the crowd, otherwise their mirrorless offering would
sink without trace, just like their P&S cameras.