64 bit PS is much faster and will better use memory compared to 32 bit. I'm running Win 7 with 16 gigs of ram and have 64 bit CS5.1 set to use 10 gigs - which leaves 6 gigs for the OS and other stuff. The most I can set 32 bit PS to is 3 gigs. Aside from memory usage and avoiding swapping, the 64 bit versions are much faster. I first used 64 bit CS-3 on Win XP-x64 with only 4 gigs of ram. There was not much more ram for the 64 bit version of PS (both effectively could access about 3 gigs) but the 64 bit version still ran circles around the 32 bit version.

 I guess that is why they keep adding more bits....

MCC