On 4/1/2012 12:31 AM, Bipin Gupta wrote:
Congratulations Walt for owning a great piece of equipment, the Pentax
K20D. Do get a better lens like the Tamron 17-50 f2.8, new or used -
used $ 250 to 300.
This is an awesome combination. I have managed to research the best
Menu setting for this camera for street/travel/architecture/general
event/home photography. You can have it gratis if you email me. Don't
get disappointed with your first shots.
In the meantime post some photos.
Regards. Bipin - from a far away enchanting land.

Thank you, Bipin!

It's probably going to be awhile before I'm able to get any more lenses. Getting the camera took everything I had and everything I could get my hands on. :-)

Thanks for the offer on the menu settings, too! I'll email you right away and you can just send them whenever the notion strikes.

I do love the camera already and have posted a gallery of the images I shot with it today in a thread titled "GESO: Inaugural K20D Photowalk" or something along those lines -- I don't recall exactly. I'd love to read any comments you might have if you have a chance to look at them.

Here's a link to the gallery -- all shots were taken with the A-50/1.7

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/sets/72157629712433629/

Thanks again!

-- Walt