On 3/31/2012 3:18 PM, Doug Brewer wrote:
On 3/31/12 3:57 PM, Walt Gilbert wrote:
Let word go forth to one and all that, through the beneficence of
inveterate Pentaxian Mark Roberts, I am now in possession -- following a
deeply sadistic 24-hour delay perpetrated upon me by the United States
Postal Service -- of a meticulously maintained and solidly constructed
(even beyond my expectations) Pentax K20D. I've yet to take it out and
put it through what meager paces I'm capable of exacting, though I have
held it to my eye and snapped the shutter for a taste of the tactile
experience.

Immediate thoughts: (1) The satisfying heft of a substantial camera, (2)
Brilliant viewfinder, and (3) musical shutter.

As it arrived with a fully charged battery, I'm quite anxious to take it
out for a stroll. Pending actual real-world image results, I'm quite
tickled.

Many thanks to you, Mark!

-- Walt

Good for you. I think the K20D is often unfairly maligned. Mine still sees some use and produces some fine work. I shot with it last weekend, matter of fact, and I was quite happy with the results:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/115347824062413314605/posts/EZTqthcSJWY

https://plus.google.com/u/0/115347824062413314605/posts/dVUQhrwSGEU

https://plus.google.com/u/0/115347824062413314605/posts/GkSnFPwhCmN

Go and he happy in your choice of hammer.

Thank you, Doug. I'll be quite happy if I can get one image of that caliber out of this camera.

As for my hammer of choice, it occurs to me that many of the world's best shortstops start out using a piece of cardboard as a glove. Given that fact, I don't see myself ever looking back and saying to myself, "Dammit, I wish I'd never bought that K20D."

-- Walt