On Apr 2, 2012, at 12:16 AM, Tim Bray wrote:

> Seems fair to me. What’s the deal with the Asian woman who appears
> once or twice but not in the group portraits? I sense a story
> lurking.... -T

My friend's father (Marshal) turned 80 today.   It was at the house of his
girlfriend.  His sons, and their wives and kids were all there. The group
photos were mostly the various family sub units.  One father was photographed
with all his daughters, then his daughter from a previous marriage, and then
his daughters from his current marriage.   There were 20+ people there, of
which I knew 2. I was spending most of my time in the living room doing various
permutations of group and individual portraits, and was nearly completely
confused over the various family connections.

After we had done the group photos, my friends made sure that everyone who
wanted their own pictures had a chance to get some, at that point, various
people that I had barely seen during the course of the day wandered in for
photos.