yes but....
As someone pointed out, the vegetation is NOT oversaturated.
The garishness is as much from the subject and the lighting as
photoshopping the saturation.  It might not be eye candy to
us, most of us, etc.. but it could be pretty close to reality
given certain light.

I kept thinking of what it reminded me of - at first and again , just now, when I looked at it...

The town in Robert Altman's musical of Popeye. Overdone with intent -
and not set in Italy.  Anyone know that film?  Robin Williams as Popeye
and Shelly Duval as Olive Oil. I thought it was brilliant

ann