I can say the MZ-3 does a very good job in low light
and consistantly gets me sharp photos of performers in
nightclubs. I have been there with other photographers
that used canon, nikon nad minolta systems and in
comparison it is equal or better than the similar
priced models. This is with the spot beam on th AF500
at times and yes I have thought some photos would be
out of focus just to be surprised when they turned out
to be in foucs on the print. I also noticed that some
lenses are just plain dogs AF speed wise ( 28-80,
sigma 70-300 ) while others are much faster like the
sigma 28-105 IF and toikna 400 ATX ( which focuses
faster than the F 50mm F1.7 )