I've been pretty busy the past few months, and have'nt taken as many photos as I would
have liked.  What I did during that period was with
my SuperProgram or my Spotmatics, rather than my old non-MLU 6x7.

Over the weekend I had a project for which I wanted to use the 6x7.  I had the
metering prism finder on the camera, and the needle was
pegged to the top of its range, no mater what speed and aperture I used.  I replaced
the battery with a fresh one, but the result was the
same.  While fiddling around with the camera, I noticed that occasionally, when I
touched the disk on the finder on which the shutter
speeds are marked, the needle would suddenly pop back into the proper range, usually
just momentarily, but once or twice for a second or
two as I held my left finger on the disk.

Has anyone had this strange behavior before?  Any ideas what the problem might be and
what the solution could be?  I shot a roll of Supra
with the waist level finder and a hand-held meter just to make sure it was the finder
that was the only problem, and that there wasn't also
a problem in the body as well.  It will take a few days to get the film back.

Any thoughts and advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Dan
--
Daniel J. Matyola                  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Stanley, Powers & Matyola          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]