On 4/12/2012 10:43 AM, jn289 wrote:
Mark, Very well captured and glad to see a film shot...Joe
P.S. Me thinks we should all go back to film

Thanks, Joe!

I did some work with the K-5 today and realized I hadn't touched a digital camera in almost a month. In part I'm trying to use up my film reserves. I did a tally about a month ago and realized that I had about 175 rolls of 35mm film, almost all of it out of date and most of it out of date by 5 years or more. I have about as much 120 film, but it is fresher and I pretty consistently use that. But, even kept in a freezer film will start to lose quality after several years, so I decided to just shoot out the film for fun. I'm currently trying to work my way through 40 rolls of Neopan SS that I bought by accident in 2002 (thought the auction was for Neopan 400). I also found that much of the chemistry I have on hand for B&W has gone bad. I tried mixing up some D-76 a few days ago and found that most of the packets I opened had spoiled - dark brown powder. One of 4 packets that I tried was OK. So, I plan to shoot a lot of film this year - then I can support the survivor companies...

- MCC