From: steve harley

on 2012-04-20 10:40 John Sessoms wrote

PS: Why does Thunderbird skip over the smiley when I'm copying text?
hmmm, i am using Thunderbird and making a "reply" of Boris' message you quoted,
or copying and pasting the referenced smiley into a new message did not change
it

It doesn't change it, it just ignores it.

I'm doing copy & paste from the digests, and whenever the smiley displays as an icon (widget? whatever?), Thunderbird skips over it when you select the text; just leaves a blank space where the smiley should be.

I don't know why.