On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM, David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ....if thats the right term. Does it exist for the k-R AND mac. I see
> that there is a program for PC. Reason i ask is that at our club
> meetings, the Pres, hooks up his Canon to the PC and takes the sample
> shots to show on the screen what effect he is trying to teach. I may
> have to do the odd lesson meeting if he is not available, but would
> like to do the same thing. I down loaded a program from Sofortbild
> that should allow my D200 to tether.
>
> Dave

As far as I know there is no official tethering capability for the
more recent Pentax dslrs, though there are some work-arounds out
there, like PK tether, or using eye-fi cards... I haven't tried them,
but there are others on the list who have...

But, I have had some success in teaching using the hdmi hook-up --
connecting my k-5 directly to a projector.  That enables me to project
whatever is on the lcd screen, including the jpeg preview, histogram,
camera settings, etc.  That has been really useful, I must say.

Good luck,

-c