Quoting "P. J. Alling" <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>:

You can set a custom function on most of the ones I've used so that won't happen. In fact IIRC you have to go out of your way to set a custom function so that it will. On the other hand I've shot many a masterpiece with imaginary film in my LX...

I'm with Tim on this.

Both my *ist DS and K200D will fire the shutter with no card in the camera and I can't see any custom function on either camera to change this. If you can point me to the appropriate custom function, I'd be in your debt!

There is a message on the LCD screens to let you know about the absence of a card but if you don't review after each shot, it's easy to miss.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia