on 2012-05-11 1:14 John Francis wrote
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:53:30PM -0600, steve harley wrote:
on 2012-05-10 14:25 John Francis wrote
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:13:20PM -0600, steve harley wrote:

* advances in electronic viewfinders

Also only of interest to the niche market

i'm surprised you'd say that; i expect optical viewfinders to be in
the minority fairly soon, especially as the enhancements EVFs can
offer really start to shine; and EVFs separate from the camera body
will add to the appeal

That's still a pretty small niche.  Let's face it - by now, the
camera in a mobile phone seems to be good enough for most people.

insofar as that is true, that segment of the market is irrelevant to camera manufacturers; the inspiration for my post was Samsung realizing point and shoots are a vanishing market, and by extension the "niche" may trend toward more like the majority of the camera market

In any case, I fear still photography is rapidly becoming obsolete;

that's another matter; as an art i doubt it will