> > <http://www.web-options.com/Thread/>
>
> nice sharp shots and an interesting glimpse of London
>
> the boats are fun, and the dark clouds; i think i'd like the sculpture
> in person, but its platform takes a bit away from it

I've never really thought about the platform. If you'd asked me to describe
it before you mentioned it, I probably wouldn't have been able to. In fact
it is quite consistent with the others that are around, and I suspect it is
an old jetty or platform for something that's been there long before the
sculpture. There is a similar one, empty, in the first picture of the set.

They are both quite similar to the coaling jetty by the power station, whose
legs are Doric (or perhaps Tuscan), in keeping with the classical
architecture of Greenwich:
<http://www.web-options.com/Greenwich/content/_C187555_large.html>