Larry,

Just in case:
B&H has had 77/1.8 consistently in stock at $785 for many months.
I (finally! after many years of considering) bought it in March.
I was seriously considering the korean 85/1.4, but decided to pull
the trigger on this one.
It was in stock just last week, but I see it now being listed as
out of stock.
That may explain the prices jumping at other stores.

I like that lens. It looks like my K-7 underexposes with it, but
that is not a big problem. I like the clarities of the colors in low
light.
I wish this lens had the focus-ring gear like the recent DA lenses have.

Here is an example of a short video shot with this lens (at Austin
Spring Tango Festival): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOu4l8ID8YE
There is nothing special about this video (except for the new,
yet unreleased song by APQ). Sorry for it being shaky, I don't do
videos much, especially not with the tele-ish lenses.

Igor