I've got a screw in lens hood for my M50mm and M28mm lenses that works
fine with my K-5, but when I tried it with my K1000, I get vignetting.
 I found a hood for the 50mm on B&H but not for the 28mm.  From what I
gather the official hood is a PH-S49 for the 28mm.  Can't find that
anywhere.  I found this snippet on Pentax Users, "For your M-28mm and
M-50mm, a 49-37mm and a 37-30.5mm step-down adapter ring will do
nicely."  I've never worked with step-down rings but it doesn't make
sense to me to go from 49mm to 30.5mm.  It seems like the lens would
vignette with that configuration.

Anyone have a bright idea or know of a source for manual lens hoods?
I've tried ebay and KEH and google of course.
Thanks,

--
Kent Brede
http://kentonbrede.com/