on 2012-05-17 15:06 P. J. Alling wrote
Which would be perfect for film,

i thought the OP wanted one for film

but for digital the lens hood from a 43mm
limited would be preferable, though even that might be too short to be really
effective.

wouldn't it also depend somewhat on how the lens body winds up positioning the hood with respect to the lens itself?

for myself, the hood i mentioned is just what i happen to have with the FA 28 came my way recently — not an ideal hood, but it still protects the lens from knocks, which is important for me, and shades the lens much better than no hood at all