On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On May 16, 2012, at 4:23 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:
>
>> More strong evidence that a change is in my future. The D800E is
>> looming large. Sigh.
>>
> Nothing to sigh about if you can afford it. They're all just cameras.

I'm sighing because I can't afford it, but kinda need it, or will
sooner rather than later.

I used to poo-poo the whole FF vs crop debate/fanboy-rant, but not
anymore. The necessity for raw, clean megapixels becomes clear when
you start retouching studio shots.

> I'd like to have a D800E, but I'd need two, and that makes it too costly.
> Working with just one camera is asking for trouble. I could probably get by
> with just two lenses initially -- a wide zoom and a long zoom -- but that
> second body is a deal killer for me.

A valid argument, but can you imagine two 645D's instead? $22K Can.
just for bodies, not counting glass. I can not afford two D800E's much
more easily than two 645D's.

Anyway, right now the backup body for my K20D is a K100D Super. :-)
I'm willing to endure a little risk to jumpstart my photo career. If I
managed to scrape up the wherewithall for a D800E and a couple of
zooms, the K20D would be its backup.

--
-bmw