On 5/17/2012 15:00, Mark C wrote:
On 5/17/2012 4:32 AM, Boris Liberman wrote:
Mark, why don't you shoot in DNG to start with?

Maybe because I'm not so bright... :-0

That's what you say!

I went with the DNG conversion route with the *ist-D (no internal DNG
option) and the with the K10d, which did not compress the DNG files, so
there was an advantage to shooting PEF and converting. After that I
never thought about shooting DNG again with either the K7 or the K5. So
- I'll give it a try and see if the in camera DNG's work as well as the
converted ones.

Thanks - you probably just saved me a ton of time!

If you reach any conclusion, I'd appreciate if you shared it with us. I am curious too.

Boris