I have the latest version of Pentax Digital Camera Utility 4 loaded on my laptop, which is as powerful as my desktop, (which is at this point over 5 years old, making it ancient in computer term). It works fine, especially if you plan to do most of your editing on your desktop and only occasional work on your laptop.