On Tue, 22 May 2012 12:22:21 -0400
Stan Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info> wrote:

> In '79 or '80 our mountaineering club arranged a slide show
> presentation by John Roskelley who had recently been one of the first
> American's to summit Nanda Devi. A great presentation, two projectors
> synched to music (I particularly remember "Here Comes the Sun" in the
> background as he showed a series from an ice cave as a several-day
> storm was breaking up). But another thing that sticks in my mind
> about his story was his discussion about how hard it was to even get
> to the mountain. Your trek was a worthy feat indeed! I look forward
> to more photos from your trip.

Stan, i'd like to have that bragging right but in all probability, he
must have had the approach to the main summit in mind, access to which
is indeed very hard. we went to the  base camp of the eastern summit
which is easier though it is still rated 'hard' (though i really don't
know by what 'objective' standards).