For the record, it was a PNY Professional 8gb Class 10 card...
Honestly, I've never paid too close attention to the cards, beyond
size, and I do look for class 10s these days.  I do have some SanDisk
Extremes, too... and a couple of others I've picked up in drugstores
in "emergencies"... Maybe it's time to pay attention...

:/
-c