I final noteā€¦the guys on the LUG told me that I should have been using
Transcend cards (which were the cheapest SD cards at BHPhoto at the time). I
bought some. They didn't work in the Leica, nor did they work more than a few
weeks in the Pentax. I think they are considered to be one-use cards, like
Depends undergarments.

Regards,

Jeffery
Jeffery Smith