From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Tanya
Love
Sent: Wednesday, 30 May 2012 9:45 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Eerm, it's a bit exciting!

Ok, so I am just home from a massive week at the Australian Professional
Photography
Awards, and trying to come back to Earth!

 Over the weekend at Melbourne, my 4 entered prints were awarded with the
following
scores: GOLD (93), Silver Distinction (86, and 85) and Silver (83). Giving me a
total
score of 347 for my four prints, which were entered into both the Family
Category and Open
Portraiture Category. Can you imagine my surprise when, at the Gala Dinner, my
name was
announced to be the Canon AIPP Australian Professional Creative Photographer Of
The Year
Runner Up for 2012!! I am not sure how that happened but am so excited and
humbled to
accept the title as it is only the second time I have entered the awards!
Amazeballs!!

Can you believe that little ole me and my little K5 could achieve this?! I'm
still
pinching myself!!

Additionally, The scores that I received also gave me 5 credit points which
means that in
only 18 months of being an AIPP member I have now qualified as an Associate,
with 3 points
to go towards becoming a "Master". I can't actually use the title until I have
been a
member for 2 years, but is exciting all the same!

The Pentax Australia guys even came to find me and fill my bag with all kinds
of Pentax
bits and pieces, although no 645D yet! Don't worry though, I'm working on them!
;-)

...and now back to Earth with a thud! I have a mountain of washing and editing
to do! ;-)

Tan.x

Sent from my iPhone
the