On May 31, 2012, at 6:22 AM, Darren Addy wrote:

> I get a little nervous when we suggest putting a filter behind optical
> elements (when the subject is the sun).
> Focused (or semi-focused?) sun rays might increase the heat build-up
> in the dark glass of the filter which could lead to the filter
> cracking/breaking.

Yes I saw similar advice somewhere the other day, the article I read said you
MUST put the filter at the FRONT of the lens for precisely this reason.  I'd
recommend following such advice because there's too much at stake.

If the weather is suitable I will probably just use my binoculars to project an
image.  Not sure if I'll bother trying to photograph it.

Dave