Tuesday, March 12, 2002, 5:16:08 PM, Shel wrote:
SB> I've been doing this since 1967 with various Spotmatics and have never
SB> had a problem.  Maybe it takes more than 35 years for problems to
SB> arise.  I suppose that 35 years of using the technique would constitute
SB> a reasonable test.

Thanks Shel and Mark,
       you make me feel secure, that I will try it when I have a
       spottie :)

       BTW, have you thought of using/adapting the Leica R screw-in "mirror
       release" (are you too nostalgic after the old Leitz names like
       VOOIAH <VBG>) - it could perhaps work on the Spotties/Ms !!!
       What's the actual mechanism that allows the MLU trick?

Good light,
   Frantisek Vlcek