First off, good for you for getting right into experimental mode and
doing some real-world work. I'd say the results are quite encouraging
and if you can persuade your friend to sit for you again, do it.

Here I will veer into personal preferences, so take with the usual grain-of.

My technical issues in the shot you submitted for critique:

- redness of face and neck and general skin blotchiness detract from
this being an idealized figure study. Pretty easy fix: go B&W. You'll
see in your b&w's that they look much better for overall evenness of
skin tones.

- hot spots. Your light source isn't soft enough yet. B&W will help
here too. Investigate strip-light softboxes. You can craft DIY ones.

- too much detail. In a figure study like this I don't want to see
pores, uncomplimentary lines, etc. I suggest some retouching -- not a
lot! -- just enough to "idealize" your subject. Eg: try using the
Distort -> Diffuse Glow filter. Put it on a layer so you can mask its
effect on eyes and lips. My go-to filter is Imagenomic Portraiture,
but it's pricey. You could try out Portrait Professional. Disable its
myriad default actions (like facial feature reshaping) and just enable
skin softening features.

- pose: needs work. :-) It's fine, even pretty good, and you filled
the frame nicely, but that angle on her face isn't to my taste. Avoid
arranging her body so you are shooting square-on. You should try to
angle her trunk more to avoid putting on extra weight. Try also to use
the longest tele focal lengths you can manage in the space. Get up on
a ladder to help that.
Study art books. Look up Edward Weston's nudes.

But again, good stuff, Larry!

--
-bmw