Hi!

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dmitry, according to my memory several years ago (probably around 2008 or
> so) there were a transition from gear conversational to picture taking
> character of the list. The number of PESOs, GESOs, PAWs, etc grew
> substantially. I reckon a simple search for the above words in the subject
> lines of the messages may give you indication and correct my estimate of the
> year as well.
>
> I should also point out that (although I've been unsubscribed for a while)
> it would seem that the list has become less prone to flame wars, which in
> fact is good. Here a joke about new Pentax flame resistant coatings may be
> in order, but I fail to come up with one.
>
> And yes, the likes of PentaxForums have their toll. I've been posting there
> as well, although it seems a general opinion of this community that
> PentaxForums is a bunch of ... <-- insert your own favorite non-praising
> term here.
>
> And finally, given that Pentax delivered over they years excellent DSLR,
> outstanding 645D camera and a number of other interesting bits and pieces,
> what would we have to talk about, really? :-)
>
> Cheers.
>
> P.S. I salute your determination to keep all your PDML correspondence for
> such a long period of time, even if by means of GMail account.

Yeah, I have more emails somewhere in outlook files starting 2000, I think :)

For me, all those emails became some kind of knowledge base - one of
the first places I search for answers on Pentax-related topics :)
Granted, there are other places with good information and other (even
bigger) list archives (like mail-archive.com), but that wasn't always
like that before.

I'll agree with your conclusion. Over the years I wasn't following all
the discussions of course and tell you truth, I did not read the list
much in later years, but when I did I always found some interesting
stuff here.
Yes, flame wars and big chunks of off-topic discussions was the reason
I stopped following list closely... But now most gear topics migrated
to other places and what's left was artistic core of Pentax
followers... And very interesting pictures to look at!

Hope, list will keep up for long years to come :)

BTW, I see many familiar names on Pentax Forums as well as DPReview forum...

Dmitry

--
//DG LOC(NJ)
//*