From: steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2012 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: PESO: Struggling Pine

on 2012-06-04 9:05 Jack Davis wrote
> Shot near the crest of a high pass through which you enter the eastern gate
> to Yellowstone NP.
> A few years ago a person bought a framed print of this from a retail display
> at a local photo shop. A few days later she was back declaring it "positively
> spiritual" and bought a second copy for a friend.
>
> It was just "declined" by PPG
> .
>
> Comments?
>
> Jack
>
> http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=645

i like this photo but it feels a little flat to me, and i don't see the
struggle — it seems to be thriving under the shelter of what seems to be (have
to infer from the shadows) an overhang; is it bending already, or is it still
vertical, can't tell

i do like the red mark, and i think i'd like the same scene with no tree too