On 10/06/2012 12:26 AM, Bob W wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Matthew Hunt
Sent: 10 June 2012 03:40
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: OT Not worth paying for

An author of dog training books contacted my wife about a picture I
took of my wife and our late Doberman. The author wanted to use the
picture in a book she is writing. My wife respects the author and liked
the idea of being in the book, but I didn't want to give away a
photograph for a book to be sold at profit. I realized that the book is
likely to sell on a pretty small scale, so I thought a good compromise
would be to allow her to use my photograph, in exchange for a free copy
of the book. That would make my wife happy (for both the book and being
in it) and be a minimal expense for the author.

The author declined these terms. You see, she plans to use hundreds of
photographs, and clearly it would be too expensive to agree to such
terms.

(Since the author is seeking permission from the subjects, rather than
the photographers, I'm sure the book will be full of photographs that
she doesn't have the right to publish.)

Mathew, could you send me the name of the person offlist please?
Thanks

--

William Robb