On Jun 11, 2012, at 7:47 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2012, at 4:35 PM, Stan Halpin wrote:
>

>> On Jun 11, 2012, at 2:02 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks everyone for your comments.  I had uploaded my new version and just
>>> ordered my proof copy two minutes ago:
>>> http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/3312094
>>>
>>> . . .
>>
>>> So, now, every blurb book I've done, I've done with different software. The
>>> first one with the blurb software, which I downloaded. The second with
>>> InDesign, the third with Lightroom.  Lightroom has some annoying
>>> limitations, but it's a lot easier to use, and learn, than InDesign, and
>>> still a lot more flexible than the blurb software.  It also has the
>>> advantage of processing the photos directly into the book, rather than
>>> processing them into an intermediate stage.
>>>

>> In what respect(s) is LR more flexible than Blurb?
>
> It's been about a year and a half since I did the book using the blurb
> software, but as I remember, the downloadable blurb software was a lot more
> limited in the page formats.  It is entirely possible that:
>
> A)  I didn't spend enough time to learn how to wring everything out of the
> blurb software
>
> B) My memory is broken
>
> C) They have added more functionality to the blurb software.
>
> D) All of the above
>
> --
> Larry Colen l...@red4est.com sent from i4est

Thanks Larry. Recently (for values of recent ranging from 6 months to 18
months) Blurb added a button that allows for editing their page layouts. The
editing is very straightforward and the resulting page layout can be saved and
reused in that book and/or in later books. In fact this was my major issue with
the pre-release first version of LR-4  - i.e., the only way to change or add
page layouts was to go off into the print module, create something, export it,
then re-import it into Book module. Which is why I haven't upgraded to LR-4 yet.

stan