On Jun 23, 2012, at 12:44 , Igor Roshchin wrote:

> SanDisk is a good brand, but there are 2.5 reasons why I am rather
> unhappy with them at the moment:
> 1. They created a complete mess with their card naming (Ultra, extreme,
> HD Video, Extreme Pro, earlier: game card, this, that ..) which is
> confusing, inconsistent, and not explained even on their own website.
> About half a year ago, I spoke with their customer support, and even
> they had problems giving a straight forward explanation what name
> corresponds to what rating/speed.
>
> 2. Out of all cards, it was the one from SanDisk where the lock slide
> fell off (in the "locked" position). So that card is unusable.
> (and I don't want to send it to SanDisk, as I cannot erase the private
> photos I have on it.)
>
> 2.5. When I was talking with their customer support about having that
> card replaced under warranty, it took ridiculous amount of time going
> in circles with one person, and then the next person ("supervisor")
> agreed relatively quickly, asking to send photos of the damaged card.
> But then there was a silence for more than two weeks.
> And then after my reminder, they asked to provide additional information
> (photos of the card being destroyed).

They are sure putting you through the ringer for a piece that would cost them
more to ship to you than produce it. If you didn't have something personal on
it, that's another US$0.50 to ship it.

How about a program from all of the chip makers that you bring it back to where
you bought it for a swap. Let the store bear the cost of testing it for Sandisk
or whomever.

That's why I buy such accessories from Amazon or Costco. No questions, exchange
for a new one or money back (with receipt).

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

There is no off position to the genius switch.
Genius can, however, be observed as insanity.