Fri Jun 22 07:34:31 EDT 2012
Paul Stenquist wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2012, at 4:56 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
>

> > On Jun 21, 2012, at 11:38 PM, Anthony Farr wrote:
> >
> >> HP brand 32GB class 10 SD card for $20.99 at Amazon.com
> >>
> >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007X7U224/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=photo-12-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007X7U224
> >
> > I did some poking around, it looks like it's 15 or 20 MB/s, or about
> > the same as a SanDisk Extreme Class 6 by their calculations
> >
> > The SanDisk Extreme 45 MB/s  32 GB card seems to go for just about $37
> > with shipping from about five sources on Amazon.  It'll be $32 with $5
> > shipping, $37 with free shipping and a few combinations in between.
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004Q3C98S/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
> >
> > And it turns out that the SanDisk Extreme 16GB 45MB/s goes for $19
> > with shipping, or $38 for 32GB.
> > http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0037FLUYU/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all
>
> And $19.95 from a vendor you can trust. SanDisk counterfeits were once
> quite common. Not sure about now.
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=sandisk+extreme+sdhc+16&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma

Exactly my thoughts, Paul!

I wouldn't buy memory (and especially SanDisk) from the places I cannot
trust.

Speaking of SanDisk, - if somebody doesn't need to have very high speed, but
is looking for a good deal:
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Class-Memory-SDSDU-032G-AFFP/dp/B007M51J3I/
about $27.50 for 32 GB and $16 for 16 GB.

SanDisk is a good brand, but there are 2.5 reasons why I am rather
unhappy with them at the moment:
1. They created a complete mess with their card naming (Ultra, extreme,
HD Video, Extreme Pro, earlier: game card, this, that ..) which is
confusing, inconsistent, and not explained even on their own website.
About half a year ago, I spoke with their customer support, and even
they had problems giving a straight forward explanation what name
corresponds to what rating/speed.

2. Out of all cards, it was the one from SanDisk where the lock slide
fell off (in the "locked" position). So that card is unusable.
(and I don't want to send it to SanDisk, as I cannot erase the private
photos I have on it.)

2.5. When I was talking with their customer support about having that
card replaced under warranty, it took ridiculous amount of time going
in circles with one person, and then the next person ("supervisor")
agreed relatively quickly, asking to send photos of the damaged card.
But then there was a silence for more than two weeks.
And then after my reminder, they asked to provide additional information
(photos of the card being destroyed).

Igor