Thanks everyone for the positive comments.

On Jul 1, 2012, at 6:42 AM, Steven Desjardins wrote:

> Now that's a collection!  I'm always impressed by your ability to
> capture "events".  I usually failed miserably at this, get depressed,
> and got take some landscapes.

I don't think that I'm all that much better at taking photos, I just think that
as Bob pointed out, I'm just getting better at throwing them away.

I probably average an hour or two a week, maybe more, of pointing my camera at
dancers or martial artists.  I don't just take an SAE buttload of photos, I
take a metric buttload (2.2 SAE buttloads) of photos.  If I take five hundred
photos in a night, even I will get a good one now and then.

I try to do the "decisive moment" thing.  Really I do, but when things are
happening that fast, I just take photos when the decisive moment might happen,
and every so often I get lucky.  I'll bet that John and Doug have hundreds of
photos of racecars perfectly clipping the apex for every one they have of a
driver doing something "interesting".