Actually I'd also like to know since when bounced or
using the omni bounce cover it still exposes correctly
even with 2 stops loss. It seems that it does it
something more like this ( using your theory as a
template )

- lens says it's focused at 10 feet
- flash guide number is 40
- aperture is f/2

Fire the flash at 1/2 power but meter just in case.