Hi Gang:

I think I'm going to upgrade to Lightroom 4 this morning, then I'll have to
replace one of my external drives this afternoon--then follow that with some
photo organization management before downloading the pics from our trip.

I think it's going to take a bit of time to get pics posted to the list, but
there will be some great group PDML shots from all PDMLers.  The shot Chris
just posted is just one of the many fun group shots to come.  Love the photo,
Chris!!!

I was in a real rut photographically before the trip, but it should come as no
surprise that the trip rejuvenated my eye a bit.

Except for our trek up north, I used the 21mm exclusively.  Some cropping might
be necessary for a few of the shots, but other then that, the 21mm worked
wonderfully.  I did take the 40 pancake, put it on once when we headed into a
pub, but never got any shots off--too busy gabbing, eatting, and drinking.  The
DA*50-135mm worked beautifully up north for the landscapes, but I'm not so good
at landscape, so we'll see how those shots turn out.

Darrel and I traveled really light; one backpack each and a small camera kit
for me: K5, 21, 40, 50-135 and some memory cards.  I took the iPad but no
laptop, and I could have left the iPad home.  The iPad wasn't a burden to
carry, and if I had had the inclination to process photos at night, it would
have worked wonderfully, but despite being out of traveling shape, Darrel and I
walked and walked everyday, which meant we crashed when returning to the B & B
at night. The phone, however, was the key piece of the technology. The iPhone 4
doesn't have international calling capabilities, but with free wifi in the B &
Bs, I was able to communicate fairly easily at night via email --then, of
course, there was Starbuck's at most destinations when in route.

For our next trip, I hope to have the DA* 55, DA 21, DA* 50-135.  There were
times in urban areas when I wished for a bit of length.  Obviously, I could
have put the 50-135 mm on, but lately, when, shooting in urban areas, I prefer
a prime; I feel the photographer blends in better with the flow of activity.
That 50-135 is a big honking lens, though it does take some great photos, but
the DA*55 should prove to be a great alternative.

I think I'll post small galleries instead of 1 large gallery.  Darrel and I
were on the move every two days for a total of 12 days, so lots of pics to go
through.

It's morning here and I'm going through a bit of a *full English* withdrawal.

Cheers, Christine