David wrote:

> If you are using the Kodak film...shoot it at 400 ISO. Your meter on the
> Super will be fine...make sure you develop it for 400. I made the mistake of
> shooting it at 100 and developing it at 400. I now have a roll of nice DARK
> negs too.

        actually, if you just use the guidelines ...
        f11@1/125th or equivalent w/ a #25 red filter
        and frame brightly-lit subjects w/ minimal shadowed areas,
        preferably w/ lowish angle sun from behind you
        and don't overdevelop - you'll have good results

        using a non-IR calibrated meter will lead you astray
        as often as not

> Make sure you load the film in the dark...and take it out in the dark. Get
> it processed as soon as you can. Keep it in the fridge until then.

        YES!  wait until night in a darkened room, if need be

> Do you know about focusing for Infrared film?
> The little red dot on the lens?

        you will only need to concern yorself w/ this for close-in
        shots and/or wide apertures at modest distance.
        tight apertures and distance basicly eliminate need for concern.

        see here for examples of this simple meterless technique:
        http://www.orednet.org/~bcasselb/web_1/photo5.html/InfraRed/photos5g.html

        Bill