Francis wrote:

> Photo newbie asking for tips.  What does this mean?
> shoot it at 400 ISO....make sure you develop it for 400.
> I know the part about shooting it at ISO 400 but how do I
> develop film at ISO 400?

        with all due respect, all this metering of IR is mere rubbish.
        each box has an info sheet inside with all you need to
        know for shooting it. the most important part of a good
        IR image is "seeing" the effect of IR on the scene in your
        viewfinder!

                1) brightly lit, preferably head on from behind you
                2) no large areas of shadow (very little IR reflectance!)
                3) foliage reflectance is due to the IR bouncing around
                   in the cell structure and back out, so get some leaves
                   and plants and such in there
                4) blue sky and water go black / foliage goes whitish-grey,
                   clouds stand out against the black sky even more so than
                   w/ regular b&w w/ a red filter
                5) many manmade things like concrete, metal and fabric &
                   such take on eerie looks, depending upon their reflectivity
                   of the IR spectrum - ie: the green paint on the bridge
                   here comes out bone-white (unrelated to foliage effect)

                f11@1/125th (or equivalent) w/ the #25 red and have at it!

        Bill