We had a simple load shift here a few weeks ago, except they blew the
execution and everything crashed. When all was said and done I lost a
brand new router. Fortunately, Best Buy gave me a new one without a
problem.
I have all my computer stuff and big screen TV on uninterrupted power
supply, EXCEPT the router at the time. It is now plugged in as well!
Several years ago a similar thing happened and we lost all out
cordless phones. This stuff sure is delicate!

Walt