On Jul 21, 2012, at 7:38 PM, Mark C wrote:

> On 7/20/2012 3:22 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
>> It's been at C.R.i.S. for over a month now, for the reflex mirror motor
>> repair, a problem that seems rather common on this camera. Part is still
>> back ordered. Not happy.
>>
>> Paul
> Bummer.  If Pentax wants to stay competitive, service is crucial. No repair
> on a current model should be overly long.
>
> What are you shooting with while your K5 is laid up?

I'm using my K7, which normally serves as the backup. It's fine, but I have a
dawn-to-disk  three day magazine shoot coming up down in Columbus, Ohio. I
really don't want to go with one camera. I should have registered for the
Pentax pro service, but the application was a pain in the ass, requiring
letters from editors and more. I could have done it, but didn't take the time.
However, like you say, no repair should take six weeks, especially one for a
current camera with a somewhat common malfunction.

Paul