On 7/22/2012 3:36 AM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
I'm using my K7, which normally serves as the backup. It's fine, but
I have a dawn-to-disk  three day magazine shoot coming up down in
Columbus, Ohio. I really don't want to go with one camera. I should
have registered for the Pentax pro service, but the application was a
pain in the ass, requiring letters from editors and more. I could
have done it, but didn't take the time. However, like you say, no
repair should take six weeks, especially one for a current camera
with a somewhat common malfunction.

Ouch.