I saw a televised ALMS race this weekend from Mosport and although there were noticeable improvements from my last visit in the mid 70's - we ran a 6 hour enduro - The 'Sundowner' in a Pinto and finished 6th overall, the track still has a long way to go to rise up to the levels of say Road America or Road Atlants. Mosport was one of my favorite tracks especially with the F! and Can AM races there.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Walker" <bruce.wal...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: PESO Red means go

You might barely recognize it, Frank. Since Canadian Tire bought it
they've been spending a lot of money on improvements. The access
tunnel under the track is now two lanes wide and tall enough to allow
car transports through. (So they no longer have to close the track to
bring the racers in.) They are building a new tower and large stands
across the track from where the pits are now. They've added 3 or 4
pedestrian bridges over the track so you aren't stuck on either the
"inside" or "outside" during a race.

But there's fencing everywhere. Tall, well-braced chain link adorns
all the curves and corners, and 5-foot cow fencing surrounds the whole
thing. We drove and walked all over the place to find a hint of an
unobstructed shot. It's not photographer-friendly.

It'd be okay if you drove up there with a cherry-picker I guess. :-(

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM, knarftheria...@gmail.com