on 2012-07-23 22:13 Doug Franklin wrote
Just for giggles, anyone on the list interested in playing with Arduino stuff?
I've got one running a 9-axis position/rate capture system.  I'm trying to get
GPS working with it, but either I'm an idiot or I have a broken integration or
a broken GPS receiver.  But I'll fix it ... or metaphorically "beat" on someone
until they send me a replacement.

funny you should mention it; i've been curious about it for a few years, and a friend who builds drone helicopters has been using it, but i had my first hands-on experience at this Arduino workshop:

<http://www.bmoca.org/2012/04/arduinosensor-workshop-with-sparkfun/>

i was more interested in the Max workshop that followed but i found it a lot of fun using Arduino with a Danger Shield (a simple input device with sliders and buttons); first we used Processing (a Java IDE for controlling Arduino) but we still had the Arduino hardware for the Max session; i hacked together a mixer/masher for live and canned video with delay and distortion effects — immediate gratification

among the fantastic live A/V performers who attended and performed before the workshop i was especially struck by Sue-C:

<http://www.sue-c.net/>

her work is hard to describe, but involves moving things around on a light table below a video macro camera; the results are projected live; at the workshop she said she'd like to use Arduino with robot hands so she can effectively increase the number of fingers she has